View Single Post
      02-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #109
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

It is rough. But the i8 has a development timetable of around two years so there will be plenty of time to get everything at optimum.

One thing about the i8 is that it is fast and equally nimble even though its drivetrain is worlds apart from the competition it will be like no other sports car and like no other BMW.
This is the opportunity for something new and that is what the BMWi brand and the BMW i8 aim to deliver.

The Concept car looks stay but especially around the front there is now more operational intakes , the floating body structure remains giving the i8 its striking "nothing else like this" appearance. The wheels on this prototype are simply for testing - The real car will use productionised "aero" wheels from the i8 Concept.

The door skins made of CFRP cannot sadly be adapted to follow the concept with glass skins. But they are working on applying a film over the CFRP which can be specified unpainted. Which gives the doorskin a smooth glass-like finish which brings the concept to the production car without incorporating actual glass. So people can actually think that the area is all glass just like the concept that awed them.