View Single Post
      02-05-2015, 08:41 PM   #29
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

Given the nature of the vehicle, designed for running around the urban areas, adding things like roll-bars, and other things that may add weight or increase drag (wider tires, etc.) and therefore lower range or function just don't make a lot of sense. Maximizing range and function was critical part of the design. That function was focused on certain things, and max g's on turns was not one of them. At sane speeds seen in a typical urban area, the i3 is great, and since cities tend to have some nasty road surfaces, stiffer suspension would not be a great idea. The vehicle is tall for several reasons, so to keep the lean down, most people won't want to drive it super fast around curves. It can easily keep up with 98% of the vehicles out there, I don't find it a detriment. You don't use an 8-ounce hammer to drive railroad spikes...nor do you use a 16 pound sledge to do jewelry engraving...the i3 is a tool, changing it's character will change its functionality to, I think its detriment. Leave sporty to other models, like the i8.
Appreciate 0