View Single Post
      04-22-2014, 03:24 PM   #56
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Carac, while I do understand (somehow) your comment, I still believe it is insulting. It does matter that I have a downpayment for an I8? I mean, I am not entitled to discuss and make remarks in regards with a vehicle because I don't have a downpayment, or even if I can not afford one? Really?
First, I don't like to talk about my financial situation, nor my cars usually, I did it however to show that there is a difference in some cars that cost a lot less and which don't even have the pretentions to be halo cars.
Secondly, I might afford a Corolla today, I might afford a Bugatti tomorrow; it does not matter in a discussion. I can very well take pictures from a brand new $55000 Mercedes and post it in here to prove the point, right?
Third, due to the fact that I am VERY pretentious, I will never put a deposit or buy a car before I do not see it and touch it.

ddk, I am not buying Italian cars because they are nor reliable and I have my personal experience with a few, plus my family experience back home. They are well known in Europe for that fact. Also, while they do have some nice leather and suede inside, I found some outrageously materials outside on some of them, which I think is not good for such cars. But hey, that is my own opinion and I don't want to get into that argument.

I think with the NSX you are kidding, look better. I am a hard-core BMW fan, however, when something needs to be said I say it. That car looks amazing. Sorry for the pictures in the Jag, I am an amateur, I don't take pictures for a photo contest, I keep them just as memoirs. I don't own the car anymore but I think it was in an amazing shape for the year, mileage, etc. It actually got sold in one hour.

Yes, the plastic, or the materials play a very important role in my decision. My expectations however, are reported to the image and the price of the vehicle, so I do have some tolerance degree based on the type of the car I am buying.
Again Pagani is not in my taste range. never touched one, never looked at one, there is no interest for me. Very simple. Same with Porsches; while I do understand that some likes them, I don't. That's me.
I never tried to imply that 135K is a lot or is not, I just showed that another company builds a very similar vehicle with a bigger engine (V6) and with a very similar technological structure. For the same money (ore less?). And I have the feeling that it will be reliable as well. I am not saying anything about the I8, we don't have data, we know however that reliability for the Japanese is higher, right? Also, maybe the price is good, maybe not, however, since in some cheaper cars you get a stuning level of fit and finish, I find outrageous to not find a similar level in a car that costs almost triple.

Again GT-R is not the car for me. I am in the luxury/sportiness balance not towards more sportiness. Don't like the design, don't like the interior, I don't want to see a kidney doctor. Drove it, test it, but not for me, that's it. I never considered anyway, I don't like the design, but it was an interesting experience.

In the end, while I do understand that some cars are pre-production and I hope that they will fix some issues, I am very disappointed to see that some people just try to put you down for a discussion that in the end, it is constructive, or at least this is how I will like to see it, maybe somebody sees and acknowledge some things.
Nonetheless, this is my opinion, and based on what I have seen so far, I will keep it. If the car gets better, I will not miss the opportunity to praise it if it deserves.

PS
My Honda does not have dirt on the carpet. Again, you have a very low sense of observation. In fact nobody ever touched the carpet. What you see, is 3M film applied over the carpet from the left where the foot rest is, until up under the center console in the right. In that way, I can wipe out any dirt or residue if that ever gets there so I don't wash the car in the interior. It is just the light reflecting, look properly everywhere. The car has rubber mats as well and I never put my shoes on the carpets.

Last edited by Teutonic; 04-22-2014 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 0