Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dveshawn View Post
I definitely agree that it looks like a "fast car" but here's the thing... if they didn't make it look the way it does it wouldn't have gotten any attention at all. How many hybrid cars released after the i8 have got a lot of media attention? I can only really think of the nsx even though I'm sure there's more
Good point, but at least the NSX can "hang" with others that sort of look the same way, you know?

Just seems like an empty shell if you ask me - the shape and doors are cool, and they proved they could make the hybrid approach work - but it's all a little limp wristed from my perspective.
I agree completely there must be something going on within the company because there was a point in time where the i8 was actually innovative..... and now it just sits at the top of the range occupying a price point. The 5 and 7 series have surpassed it as far as technology and safety systems and this spyder should have been released 3-4 years ago because it brought nothing noteworthy fundamentally with it
Appreciate 1
dmboone254972.00