patsgarageonline.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8alot View Post

When I get a hold of BMW Canada this is what I will demand:
[LIST=1][*]Return of the car to BMW Sherbrooke at their expense
^ this. After 29 years of car ownership and working on my own cars, I'd want to dump this particular car as quickly as possible. Electrical issues can result in this car being down a very long time, and they can't give you accurate estimates because they know this. Sherbrooke was more than happy to transfer this risk to another dealership/owner. Your delear wanted to make a quick buck while avoiding having to prep the car for sale. It results in the sales department of both dealerships pointing at the other dealership as the problem. Both dealerships came out with a win (Sherbrooke dumped a problem car and Toronto made money on a sale). Sadly, you are the loser in this particular sale and none of them really care.

Personally, this is what I would do. Don't take the advice if you don't want to. I won't be upset. If BMW is unable to resolve this by having Sherbrooke take the car back, say thank you and hang up. Don't tell BMW you're doing this, but find a lawyer who will represent you and let the lawyer do all the talking. At that point, they'll know you're serious and may actually comply, because they're not listening to you now and they likely won't listen to you in the future.

The i8 is a great, but complex piece of technology, over-engineered to be a cutting edge vehicle. It will not be without problems, now and in the future. You need service and support that works with you and takes care of your concerns. Run away.
Appreciate 2