View Single Post
      10-20-2014, 08:56 PM   #7
SamsterfromTX
Rep
Drives: 2014 i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carac View Post
That's what the other cars are for . Anyone buying an i8 as a track weapon is going to be severely disappointed. I see taking it to the track as a novelty; something I wouldn't buy a new set of tires to do once. That doesn't mean people aren't going to but I hope they go in eyes open, knowing the experience is always going to be compromised to something like a GT3 or even a factory M car. The understeer they engineer into almost every car is because the natural reaction from 99% of the population is applying the brakes which transfers weight to the front loading up the front tires and increasing traction. Super safe, not much fun.

That's not to say I'm disinterested in finding out what others discover with other tires but I won't be looking for another performance tire until the factory ones are worn out.
Spot on!! I track my GT3 heavily but took the i8 to the track once, just for the heck of it and to really understand how it handles. There is no front traction and even with stability off, the nannies still interfere. After 5 or 6 laps (1.7 mile course), I completely ran out of battery power (it was full at the start). So yes, not a track car but hell of a capable street car and not sure I need stickier tires for the road. I love it (1,300+ miles so far).
Appreciate 0