tommolog
Tom Moloughney
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3s BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
A very fair and accurate answer.
I took some sceptical journalists on the infinity loop with the i3 and also around the Portalhaus area at the Messe on actual roads.
My first comment was if you want to know how special this car is , look out and watch the reaction?

And that summed up the response to the car , everybody stared and some in traffic waved and gave the car the thumbs up. One journalist likes how it sounds like a spaceship.
Scott: There are a lot of people that have damned the car before they sit in it. They don't like the funky city-car look, because they say it cheapens the brand. They don't like that it's electric because they believe a proper car made by Bavarian Motor Works must have a big, strong petrol motor and a manual gearbox. They don't like the tall, skinny tires because they give the appearance of a cheap econo-box (which is actually true).

It just doesn't say "BMW" to them so they are going to pan it without what I believe a proper evaluation. I have talked to a LOT of people that have driven them and they have all said it drives great. It's not an M3, but it doesn't have to be because we already have an M3 for those that want one. It does have to be fun, quick, well balanced and provide an enjoyable driving experience and from every account that I've heard first hand, it does that and then some.