x5love
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
Dude blue seatbelts FTW!!!!

I have yet to hear one person say they don't like those blue seatbelts; unique seatbelts are that extra detail that is just too cool. Kind of like red seatbelts in a Porsche - if I ever get a Porsche, it will have red freaking seatbelts.

They look awesome as well as the blue contrast stitching and lighting package with blue (and red, configurable) interior ambience lighting. TRON status.

I also happen to like the exterior blue accents a lot, and feel that they go particularly nice with this one-off frozen grey paint scheme.

There are i8 configurations you can order without blue accents, and at least one of the interior packages that doesn't have interior blue accents. So there are choices.

You're certainly not alone, as I have read tons of comments of people who hate the blue accents since the car was introduced at Frankfurt last September. I can understand not liking the color scheme. I just don't understand why they are "gimmicky" - it's a paint scheme. Not like BMW put little fake robots on the roof to state how and advanced futuristic the car is. That would have been proper "gimmicky" !
it's gimmicky because it adds no functional value to the car and reminds me of a prius or nissan leaf that uses blue to yell to the world HYBRID! or ELECTRIC!

i see the BMW roundel surrounded by blue and it reminds me of the Toyota badge that's surrounded by blue on all of otheir hybrid cars

all the blue does it tout efficiency

and i think the fact that the only other cars that do this are 20,000/30,000 cars reflects poorly on BMW

now red seatbelts, that's cool.