Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by phelot View Post
So for all the people who keep talking about the price being high, I don't know where you're pulling numbers from but here's some numbers for perspective.

R8 V8 130-150k 0-60 4.3 Manufacturer's Specs
991 Carrera 4S 120-140k 0-60 4.3 Manufacturer's Specs

Porsche options are expensive and BMWs are equipped with a lot more things standard.

R8 tech is pretty old now.

And any cars that are significantly faster with this type of styling hit around 160-190k.

Honestly it seems priced just where it needs to be?
Great point, especially with the R8. I think most people are angry about the fact that you could get something much faster with the money, but this is not what the car is about. It's all about the progressive technology.

Anyway, it's been stated that it's aimed at those with deep pockets, so you can expect most customers to have this car along with additional 100K+ cars in their stable. I think it's pretty much going to be an eco-statement, especially in Hollywood. As soon as Leo DiCaprio gets his, you can be sure that most will follow suit

Off-topic: The R8's exterior still looks fresh, especially in its current face-lifted form. But that interior looks so outdated it's crazy! The front facia looks pretty much the same as the old A3, which is not a good thing. In fact a lot of the Audi cars' interiors look outdated right now. The new A3 with its minimalist interior is the business right now.
Appreciate 0