View Single Post
      11-06-2013, 02:57 AM   #2
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Whilst BMW still make great cars I think other manufacturers have caught them up particularly in the engine dept. the move to more fuel efficient 3 and. 4 cylinder engines is also eroding the clear superiority BMW had with their 6 cylinder engines. The new 4 cylinders seem no better than any other manufacturer

Also BMW design has become all a bit predictable except for the I brand. As regard the high investment in technology how much of this gets used every day in a car? Just adds weight and cost.

For the future I would like to see BMW use the investment in carbon fibre to really bring down the weight of their cars. I would also like to see some more flare in the design of the cars.

I worry about the move to front wheel drive that's just not BMW ! They should keep that for the Mini. Danger of the BMW usp being eroded by trying to be in every niche of the market. Danger is they will make lots of vehicles that rival what Audi and Mercedes make however nothing will be truly outstanding. The brand may also get dragged down once they start selling thousands of front wheel drive shopping trolleys!
Appreciate 0