View Single Post
      04-19-2014, 08:16 AM   #54
Tilum
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i8 (on order)

@SCOTT26, Just spoken to BMW i dealer again and he's said that whist he acknowledges that Display Keys have been produced for people to see, that they were actually a dummy unit, and he is not aware of any real life, fully working prototype Display Key.
So when you say "I am in China at the moment and we are illustrating the display key", do you mean you're illustrating a picture of it, a dummy unit, or a fully functioning 'Display Key'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carac View Post
FWIW some guy from Northants on Bimmerfest's forums says he saw a Display Key today...
Found the post you're referring to Carac, it's post #9 in the 'Does the BMW i8 have the coolest key fob ever?' thread. However, what isn't clear from Reshdiu's post, "saw the real thing today - awesome!", is wehether or not he is referring to seeing a dummy unit in real life (as opposed to a photo on the net), a fully functioning 'Display Key', or even just seeing the car in real life!

The reason why I'm pushing to try and find out info on this, is that I an trying to get a clause put into my contract to have the option to upgrade to one if the Display Key does become available. However, BMW UK are reluctant to include this clause as they are adamant it will not be an option for the i8 (either now, nor in the future).

Cheers,
T
Appreciate 0