Thread: What happened?
View Single Post
      09-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #9
JadeVetti
Bavarian Khaleesi
United_States
Rep
Drives: Waiting for the CS Concept

For those in line for one, cannot wait to see pics when you share.

I've had this discussion many times before, and I shall lightly (and briefly) say it again: the i brand is in its own genre, and when we keep trying to FIT it into what we believe a supercar, a green car, a whatever-you-may car should be, we will always come up confounded. BMW isn't building these cars for practicality reasons. They are looking to create a new breed of models that don't fit any previous model we grew up on.

When you look at its specs, you see why you cannot categorize such a car. A 3 cylinder engine? That is no M3. 22 miles per electric charge? How can that even constitute it being a hybrid in the year 2014, not 1999? 0 to 60 in under 4.6? I bet they are under promising and will over deliver, just as Tesla did with their performance model plus (0 to 60 in 3.9, it isn't 4.2).

No one getting into this car is doing it for any of the above purposes. It stands for something larger. What that is, my friends, time will show us. For now, I look forward to seeing it in person and taking a drive in one.

This is BMW's accomplishment, and in time, we shall see what that truly is.