04-22-2014, 03:20 PM   #9
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
If you go on a weekend drive flogging it through the canyons. How long does full power last? I figure at some point you will be driving a $140k 3 cylinder car.
Canyon driving isn't 10/10ths like track driving so the battery won't get as heated (the reason for limp mode) and it will also keep charge due to brake energy regeneration.

This is one of those real world tests I am looking forward to when the car mags get their hands on some long term i8s.

Practically speaking, assuming you can recharge the battery in the evenings of this weekend getaway, you should end up cruising in full on sport hybrid mode most of the time. This is of course just a guess.

I do know it won't last long on the track, but if you're driving in the canyons the way you would drive on the track, you'll probably end up in a ditch or become soulmates with a deer before the battery runs out, anyway.

[ Edit: That will not happen - see post #10, post #11 in this thread below... the battery will stay charged as long as you're not driving all out 9/10ths or harder ]

Last edited by ddk632; 04-22-2014 at 04:33 PM..
Appreciate 0