tommolog
Tom Moloughney
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3s BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonNW View Post
Man, is there a lot of vitriol in this thread
There certainly is but that's nothing new in any forum. The good news is nobody will be forced to buy one! That being said I think BMW is going to sell a lot of i3's if they manage to keep the price in the rumored $36-$42K (base MSRP) range.

Even though some here might find it hard to believe there are a lot of people out there looking for an electric car that performs well and isn't *too* expensive. The Model S is an awesome electric vehicle but the least expensive one is over $70k(US) before any tax incentives. The i3 will be nearly half the price. Journalists that have driven in one already claim a 0-60 time of 7.2sec(not fantastic, but quick enough to have fun) and handling that is excellent - partially because of the low center of gravity with the battery pack positioned beneath the drivers compartment.

I'm planning on getting one myself and I know a lot of others on waiting lists as well. To each his own...

For anyone interested here's the article written by a journalist from the UK that rode in a pre-production i3:
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/...ontent-block=0