View Single Post
      01-28-2014, 09:50 PM   #3
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

There may be some tweaks before officially released for US distribution, but the number I'd heard on the REx turn on was at about 18% and that, unlike elsewhere, you will not be able to override when that occurs to better manage your overall progress. Batteries do not like to be deep discharged, so that is about where things like to stay as a minimum for maximum longevity.

There have been some stories about people trying longer trips, and one critical thing to keep in mind is the current drain from the battery...driving up a hill at full speed with the heater on will be drawing more power than the REx can provide, and the vehicle will either slow down, or you'd have to stop and let the battery charge up a bit before continuing. Running along on a relatively flat road, it should be able to produce enough current to keep up, but it will have very little in excess to actually improve the charge, just maintain it.

If you're lucky, someone will put a DC fast charging station where you can access it along the way, otherwise, it will be a long time before you can continue. BTW, if you want DC fast charging, you must order that at the time you select your options...I'm told it would be difficult or very expensive to retrofit, if possible at all.
Appreciate 0