View Single Post
      02-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #22
owerr
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i, audi a4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
The Tesla P85 has been said to be (infinitesimally) faster 0-60 than an M5. At higher speeds the M5 destroys it. Also I haven't seen anyone touting how the Tesla handles so great and is a hard-core track car. Maybe I missed those articles...

The i8 performance has been stated by BMW to be faster/better than the E92 M3. Looking at full picture of the numbers, i.e., power-to-weight, 0-60, etc., it is very similar and close to the R8 V8, as well. This car is hardly under-powered.

Also my other pet peeve with the arguments against the i8:

Why is everyone hung up on how many people can fit in a sports car? If you need that much space, buy a Sprinter van or a GL550.

I've never heard anyone say, "That 911 / GT-R / M6 / TTRS / etc. can't fit 5 people, what a piece of crap" - but there are so many comments about the i8's lack of being able to carry lots of passengers it's absurd. Maybe these people are secretly waiting for the i8 Gran Coupe to come out?

Please consider, people who want a 2 door sports car ... don't give 2 shits about carrying 5 people anywhere. And if they do, they have other cars that can handle that task better than a Tesla or an i8!
You don't get the point. No ones comparing the number of the seats. The point was that there's actually a full electric sedan that's faster than this thing, at a much lower price. And im pretty sure this is not considered to be a track car by any means...

I think the SL550 is more of a fair comparison, even though its a hard top convertible, and fully equipped it will still be cheaper than this

Heck the new S class coupe will probably be cheaper, a lot more luxurious and faster than this. If anything this car feels more like a tesla roadster, but only half electric. It's a nice concept, but priced so high for so little. There are just so many other choices for a better car at that price range, and its not even all green.

Maybe BMW will get their electric cars right in a few years down the road.
Appreciate 0