11-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #38
dpwr
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommolog View Post
You are mistaken about the "i" cars being "affordable". That has never been the claim. BMW is a premium manufacturer. These cars are all carbon fiber with aluminum frames and have the latest electronics, they will not be cheap. The "i" division is a sub-brand like the "M" cars are. They are premium cars that are marketed to buyers that are concerned about sustainable personal transportation, both in manufacturing the vehicle and maintaining it. There is a large(and growing) market for this and BMW would be foolish(luckily they are not) to ignore it. Don't worry, you can continue to "murder the planet" as you say. Nobody's taking your oil burner away from you.......yet
what market are you talking about? I see that chevy volt commercial 10 times a day but I have yet to see one on the road... they are out of their mind pricing it at "starting price" 42g's in canada, few options and you're at 50g's.... I just did a lease quote on chevy volt, with $3000 discount it's $1010/month for 36months... that's more then my 5er with navi
Appreciate 0