View Single Post
      04-19-2024, 07:20 AM   #24
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

One of the BMW higher ups long ago said they could do the things we're sad about losing, but they just didn't want to, because most people aren't like us. Most people don't want steering feedback and such.

My 2025 Manual Z4 shows it's built and awaiting a carrier. I'd wager it'll be the last BMW I ever buy, but of course I'm just predicting the future and so who knows. Inline 6, RWD, manual, smaller / lighter relatively speaking, and so on. A dash that doesn't contain a humongous screen. Supposedly notchy shifter, supposedly some actual steering feedback built in. Once these things are no longer available, I don't really see the point in sticking with the brand. For me anyhow, I couldn't warm up to the M2 and though I know the M3 / 4's are beasts they're just too big for my taste.

They're selling tons of cars, so it's good for the company. Of course they might sell more cars if things were different, but who knows. I somewhat doubt it, I'm quite sure they have done more research on it than any of us here.
Appreciate 2
Egrunt553.00
lowrydr3101696.00