ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louv
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
The ones that are not already spoken for look out, wait till you see the mark ups over MSRP on these bad boys

This is going to be one of the hottest and hardest cars to get IMO especially since dealers are only getting a very very small amount of allocations for these
I disagree. Yes, for 2014 this car will be VERY hard to get if you haven't already nailed down an early allocation. 2014 allocations are small.

But... I believe (and this is based on years of BMW observation, NOT on any actual data, so take it with a grain of salt)...

2015 i8s will be as easy to get as getting a 2015 M3/4. Yes, the demand is very high, but production will be high as well. If you want one, you can find one. Some dealers might get more than MSRP, but most will be selling at MSRP. None will last long on the lot... unless there is a huge dealer markup... those will gather some dust.

2016 i8s will be as easy to get as an M6. That is, there will always be one or two sitting on your dealer's lot, waiting for you. Demand will still be there, but I'll bet you can even bargain a little.

This isn't a Supercar. It isn't even BMW's most expensive vehicle. This is a car the BMW will want out there as a sign of their i-future. Therefore they will want lots of them out there. They are still very expensive, as is the 760iL, and the M6 (in all three variants)

This is not going to be an artificially limited production car like the Z8 was.

This is my prediction. I've been wrong before. And I want an i8 badly... but I predict I'll be able to get one for MSRP in six to nine months from now.
Completely nailed it !

If dealers mark these up to much, it may do more damage for the new i-brand than good.
Appreciate 0