View Single Post
      03-20-2018, 07:58 PM   #29
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i8 Coupe

UK School System

I guess hell has frozen over, as we finally got to read the long promised report on the Leipzig PI event. Thanks to Clarkson for that and a shout-out to JasH for prodding Clarkson to issue this before the i8 was discontinued .

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the write-up, as I expected I would based on the earlier post from JasH on the previous PI event. However, Clarkson's post did raise a few concerns for me about the state of the British educational system. Not that the American system is anything to boast about, but I lost count of the number of missed punctuation marks, dangling participles and occasionally incoherent missives contained in the report. Of course, I don't know if that is a reflection of Clarkson's schooling, his difficulty in using Microsoft Word, or if it reflects a level of intoxication that was still lingering after the plentiful consummation of German libations.. Regardless, it made for an entertaining read and I sincerely hope I'll be able to join you guys at one of the future European PI events after I officially become an i8 owner next month. I'll be sure to hone my foreign language skills before I come over, as I know how proud you Brits are of the English language.

Speaking of my car, I got the news today that it is now on a ship heading for California, with arrival at the Ca. port expected April 13. I'll be sure to post a full report with pictures once it arrives. An interesting note is that taking into account the time from arrival at port to delivery at my dealer, it is very possible that I will pick up the car on or about April 22. And for those that don't immediately recognize that date, it happens to be Earth Day! How appropriate is that for timing to pick up an eco-friendly sports car .

Cheers (see, I'm already starting to speak British)
Appreciate 1
JasH621.00