View Single Post
      01-14-2014, 07:40 AM   #18
fitmaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Convert / 2015 M3

Wanted the i8 but this will do

Drove this car at a BMW event and actually love it. Great acceleration, comfortable, fun to drive. Getting ready to order one mainly because my wife drives 100 miles per day in a 2012 328i and according to BMW USA rep, this car will cost approx. $2.00 per hour based on the average electric cost. Comparable to the Tesla at $9.50 per hour. Considering we spend approx. $60.00+ per week in premium gas, this will save us a chunk of change every year.
Car looks funky but the resolution and new features on the nav along with a great ride can't beat it. The one issue we had is that the controls are on a stalk that is hard to reach if the steering wheel is turned. Have to put your hand through the steering wheel opening to reach the start/stop and to place it in drive. Hope they correct this before the final release.
We wanted to order the i8 but all 800 units are sold for 2014 and the folks that bought them are auctioning them off at $100,000.00 over invoice and hard to believe they are selling for those $$$. and the car has not even been released yet.
We decided on the i3 until the i8 goes through its second year.
We also have a 2013 M6 convertible if we need some zoom.
Thanks
Appreciate 0