View Single Post
      07-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #20
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Quote:
Originally Posted by makdeniss
You guys fail to see the bigger picture here.

First of all, this car is looking great if comapred to the rest of the electric cars (except tesla).

Second: you will be paying zero to nothing for traveling on this car in the city from home - work - home. For me that's superb. We were counting the cost of 100 km charge for the LEAF the other day and it was about 1,5 EUR / 100 km. That's amazing.

In EU we get 60% back of the car's price because we are using the new eco friendly technology.

Parking in the city will be free with this car.

And the most pleasant thing is: when people will start to massively buy these kind of cars, fuel prices will go down.
Agree with these comments. I run a 1M but have my name down for an i3 for city use. We might not like it but its the future. Seems a lot of people who post all the negative comments want the past to continue with big heavy cars with lots of electric motors working seats etc rather than embrace new light weight technology such as carbon fibre. BMW has already said i3 technology will work its way into future BMW's. so look forward to 3 cylinder petrol engines, fewer electric toys and lightweight plastic reinforced with carbon fibre. Only way manufacturers will meet emission targets. Some niche products like M3 will get triple turbo 6's but by 2020 they may also be a thing of the past. Sad but reality.
Appreciate 0