View Single Post
      04-30-2018, 01:34 PM   #24
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
The i8 is a Innovation Car that is fun to dive and sporty, but is by no means a Sports Car. A Porsche 911 is a Sports Car. Even a base Carrera is lighter than an i8. I'm not saying the i8 is bad, quite contrary, I've driven one and it drives great! Thanks to it's CFRP construction mostly. It's definitely a sporty car one can throw into corner with decent power too. It definitely drives better than an F10, heck most lighter cars drive better than an F10 M5 for sure. The i8 is a wonderful car for what it is, but calling it a pure sports car is a stretch. Also for comparison, the new 2019 Aston Martin V8 Vantage is a Sports Car and has a lower base price than an i8 Spyder. But the Vantage lacks the innovative hybrid drive drivetrain that the i8 features, so we don't call the Vantage an Innovation Car like i8. For further comparison the Acura NSX is both an Innovation Car and a Sports Car, some would even call it a Super Car. I really don't care about any of this stuff though, and I'm not trying to debate, I'm just bored at the moment and I like to write stuff on these forums.
I agree...

I'm not buying the i8 cause its a great sports car (its not).

I'm not even buying the i8 cause its a decent EV (its not - I already own a Tesla - and there are lots of better EV's).

I'm buying the i8 Roadster cause its a fun car. That's it. Not cause its any better than anything else at doing pretty much anything. For me, its just a replacement for my existing summer fun car...

No excuses... Its just not that complicated.
Appreciate 0