View Single Post
      02-21-2014, 09:20 PM   #7
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

How can you say whether the car is a flop when it is not even for sale in the USA yet? In Europe, they had a huge amount of orders prior to introduction just before you could expect delivery. Enough so that they are contemplating how to make more of them by expanding or building more capacity. People over there are saying after ordering, there's as much as a 6-month wait to actually get one (unless they can find one to their spec already on a lot). It certainly appears that BMW is selling all they can make, and more than they planned on selling.

The USA is only one market for a world-wide player here...things we don't seem to like or appreciate, are much more common elsewhere - an example is hatchbacks - they sell outside of the USA, not very well here.

Time will tell, but I think the lack of responses here is more relative to a premature, unfounded opinion, rather than a glaring news story. Come back the end of the year after people can actually buy the things, and a few are actually seen on the roads gathering knowledge that they exist, and then, you might have a point, but my guess is you won't.

No car is for everyone, and this one has set itself up for a particular market and appeal...if you're not in the market for that, it's sort of like buying sandals in the winter...not much call for them, and you will not be interested. But, there are people that do want them.
Appreciate 0