View Single Post
      07-20-2021, 06:31 PM   #1
slingxshot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 528i xDrive

DriveTrain Error

Hello, few days I received a drive train error. Lost power, car went into neutral. Restarted the car and kept going.

Dropped at the dealer. They told me its your charger.. I am like what? What does the charger have anything t do with "drivetrain error"..

Anyway here are the notes from the tech

"Customer StatesRIVE TRAIN MALFUNCTION/ENGINE PERFORMANCE--TOWED IN Cause: 0050000 replaces 0000556 & 6121528 2nd test and charge Correction: PERFORMED VEHICLE TEST. MULTIPLE FAULTS RELATING TO AC CHARGING. PERFORMED TEST PLAN. TEST PLAN STATES TO UPDATE VEHICLE PROGRAMMING. TEST PLAN ALSO STATES POSSIBLE FAULT CAUSED BY CUSTOMER CHARGER. CLOSED SESSION AND MOVED VEHICLE TO PROGRAMMING STATION. CONNECTED BATTERY CHARGER AND PERFORMED ANOTHER VEHICLE TEST AND UPDATED VEHICLE SOFTWARE. AFTER PROGRAMMING PERFORMED EPS START UP, FUEL PRESSURE SENSOR ADJUSTMENT AND QUICK DELETE SERVICE FUNCTIONS. FAULTS STILL PRESENT AND UNABLE TO CHARGE WARNING ON DASH. LET VEHICLE SLEEP AND PLUGGED INTO CHARGING OUTLET UNTIL BLUE. WOKE UP VEHICLE AND CLEARED FAULTS AGAIN AND NO FAULTS RETURNED, ALL OK DIAGCODE D6144 LIM00000 90 202"

Is it possible? How would a charger issue cause this while driving????

Thanks!
Appreciate 0