2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2005 BMW X5 4.8is  [0.00]
2006 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDriven
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Why do these things need to be so ugly?
This is something I've often wondered. Why do all "green" vehicles have to look so terrible? There's nothing wrong with small cars, but most of the green ones have this weird look as if they were created for a cartoon character. I bet a lot more people would drive these things if this wasn't the case. I have nothing against green technology, but any guy driving something like that is instantly emasculated.

BTW - I'm speaking about the way they are perceived in the US. I realize that much of the rest of the world drives small vehicles and they may not be seen the same way there.
They make green cars ugly so naturally they are less appealing then their petrol powered brethren. Don't forget the oil industry is a multi billion $ a year (if not more) industry and they can't / won't have something else upset the apple cart.

Sure look at tesla, but why is the Prius and the volt so damn awkward? Why can't these cars look sleek and sexy? Why do they scream, "hey, I don't care one bit about what I drive looks like or automotive design, I get 50 MPG!!"