09-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #7
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah View Post
I think the first two replies are from competing manufacturer trolls.

1. Neither video looks staged
2. The car sounds pretty good considering the device used to record the sound in Matt's hand looks like a iphone.
3. The i8, for what it is, is impressive all the way around. If you don't think so then show your marvel of engineering hybrid offering.
Um, yeah, I work for Tesla and I am here to sabotage the authenticity of spy videos. Damn, you have uncovered my secret trolling purpose.

If you check my posting history in the i8 forums you'll see I'm one of the i8 fanboys and I love and want the car.

I was just pointing out the first video (on PCH) looked staged because the test driver kept going back and forth doing drive by's for the camera yet the camera guy was trying to make it sound like they "caught the i8" and he wanted to get away and not be filmed. There has been much discussion as to the general authenticity and manufacturer involvement of certain spy videos, and this is what I was referring to. Sure, I could be wrong, of course.

Beside that I didn't even comment on the second video at the 'Ring, nor on the i8 or its sound, other than it would have been cool to be there on PCH and see the test mule in person.

But for the record, I think it sounds good considering it is an inline 3/EV hybrid. People expecting it to sound like a Ferrari are usually the most disappointed.

I actually quite like the stealthy understatedness of the i8 sound.

And, what Mr.Metak2you said
Appreciate 0