View Single Post
      09-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #21
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Cool exhibit. It'd be nice if they do that at the DC auto show next year.

I hope it's not possible for a car to drive off the track and fall on people below....
It is only possible to do this in Frankfurt as we have use of one of the largest exhibition halls at the Frankfurt Messe. Other exhibition halls even at major international events like NAIAS , LA and Geneva etc... are too small to even accomplish this , the DC shows does not even register on the official autoshow calendar.
Although the only other exhibition space that is on a large scale like the Frankfurt Messe is where they hold the Shanghai autoshow in China.

In total you walk around 9 miles at the IAA. But I am sure the i3 press shuttles helped and also gave you a very good indication of how the cars perform.

The barriers on the infinite loop are formed of steel but to prevent that the drivers receive official BMW driver training with the new cars with extensive preparation taking place on a makeshift track in the dimensions of the infinity loop by using cones. Everything about the BMW stand in Frankfurt runs to the exact pinacle of accuracy so that interactive presentations can interact with the presentation of the vehicle.