05-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #92
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitkis View Post
Why compare family sedan to i8? Do you compare F10 550 to Aventador? Or what's your point? Price of i8 is 1/6 of Porche 918, the only sportscar that is close to i8.

And, yes, I can imagine Tesla will come out with CF structures like i8...in 2025. Beats 2014 i8 for sure.
You criticize my comment and POV while at the same time compare i8 to P918. So, what's your point?

Anyhow, I look at these electric things this way: Tesla is only one so far who figure out how to make a usable and good looking electric car. They also been able to make it a premium car, and last I checked they are sold out months ahead. Now read what former P-car owners say (panamera) mostly as well as M5 and MB S owners - they love Tesla over these other premium cars.

About i8, the car looks good and I like the CF body technology but that's it. There is nothing else to make me want to spend $130K+ The car is not really electric as it has very short range but a hybrid. It meant to be a sports car but I do not think you can use it as one. This car seems to be for show only.
Appreciate 0