View Single Post
      06-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #56
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDriven View Post
I appreciate your reply, Scott. However, I believe people in the US look at Tesla as a serious option because of the ways that it ISN'T different. In other words, it looks like a normal, high class car and it accelerates well. The people who would drive it would not be caught dead in a little boxy green car.

That said, Tesla also has yet to show a legitimate profit. They would have been $57 million in the hole last quarter if it weren't for the $68 million they generated from the mandated California emissions credits that they sold. My point is that I don't believe the i3 had any of the features that made Teslas sell, and beyond that, Tesla is not a business anyone should try to follow.

It's also a bit scary to us BMW enthusiasts to hear statements like the i3 is the most important thing in the history of BMW. That would mark a radical departure for the company that we know and love.

Just one more thing - I WILL buy an electric from BMW when:
1. Energy storage density increases enough that I can enjoy the same power and range as a gas-powered car.
2. You create a car that doesn't look like a pod or a space ship.
3. Charging stations are a bit more common.
+1,000,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL-Fanatik View Post
It may be more appropriate to look at the Leaf for comparison, and not the Model S.

http://m.csmonitor.com/Environment/E...r-plug-in-cars

There is most definitely a market, and I'm sure that people will pay the premium for the i3.

But I have to agree with some comments, I don't think the design is all that great on the outside. The weird Hofmeister kink for instance.

But I am interested to see what the final product will look like.

Cheers,

CSL
This thing is going to cost more than double of a Leaf.

Most Prius and Leaf owners are frugal. They don't care about a badge.
Appreciate 0