View Single Post
      06-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #65
Longwong
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 catless

The part (well there is many) that I do not understand from Scott is this boasting about how the i-series is "not just a regular bmw made electric" However people have been and continue to be more than happy with the "regular" bmw offerings in terms of looks, performace and ownership. The ONLY reason they are not chosen over electric offerings is people who for whatever reason want the electric car, not that they are unhappy with the regular bmw design, performance or looks.

So it makes much less sense to me to design these space-ships or other special cars rather than take the carbon technology and light-weight design into their regular cars and offer the cars in both regular engines and an electric option as the electric system gets better.

As mentioned above, the true winner in this segment is someone who can make a "regular" car in their lineup that is a hit (like any current bmw) and give it electric power that performs like gas engine but retains the looks, appearance and performance of the regular powered car.

People are not going electric for the look but for the electricity and to me it just seems like a poor direction rather than building that technology into the existing regular cars.

Who would not buy a m-sport 5 series E car made of carbon fiber, lightweight with 350hp and 350 mile range. Now there is a winner and a seller if you ask me
Appreciate 0