View Single Post
      07-11-2017, 02:13 PM   #11
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveillez View Post
Forget about this boring thing and focus in compete and win in LeMans, and WEC.
I'm wagering people who watch Formula E tends to buy BEV or PHEV cars...so maybe it's not a bad idea? Let's put it this way, in 5 years, BMW will likely sell more e-cars than motorcycles, sounds kind of silly sponsoring moto racing today, no? In 2015 alone, BMW sold 30,000 i-cars. The momentum is picking up big times, especially with Model 3 and the new all-electric 3er coming out. In 2016, BMW sold around 135,000 motorrad vehicles of all types.

Also in 10 years or so, the average BEV car will be cheaper than the ICE equivalent. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-accelerating

Formula E is spec racing too, so costs should be controlled and races should be more competitive. Disclaimer: I love IMSA and WEC, but it's not spec racing, and the BOP makes it almost controlled as to regard to who wins each race. Have you wondered why the M6 has won the last 2 races and they weren't even competitive in the first races of the season? Again, I love IMSA for what it is and their attempt in differentiating manufacturer's motors, chassis, tires, but at one point you got to handicap some cars to make the series competitive.

IMO, the most entertaining class in the last two years were the LMPC cars in Weathertech/Tudor series

Last edited by Flying Ace; 07-11-2017 at 02:33 PM..
Appreciate 0