05-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #38
Vanos1
Vanos1 -contact me for Servicing and Repairs (Mids
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban335i View Post
Because hydrogen cars aren't the way of the future you idiot (I couldn't think of a nicer word to call you, sorry but it's true). And they will never be... The amount of energy per liter of compressed hydrogen that can be extracted is a fraction of other fuels (so you would need huge tanks to hold enough compressed hydrogen to travel just 100 miles), not to mention the danger of having a huge compressed hydrogen tank in your car that could explode. Hydrogen cars are a gimmick. I hate when people say things with no real knowledge.

Also that is not pricey at all... BMW, all electric, carbon fiber body, and on top of that you get a huge Eco tax credit. -_-
Ermmm...please do some research yourself before calling people idiots.

BMW still strongly beleives that hydrogen is the fuel of the future.

Hydrogen has an energy 'density' which makes it a very efficient fuel - one kilo of hydrogen contains three times as much energy as a kilo of oil
Hydrogen can be efficiently transported and stored and therefore helps tackle supply and demand issues
Hydrogen is suitable for a decentralised energy supply – it is available throughout the world and is not limited to a specific region.

Hydrogen is set to become a major energy source in the future but there are many hurdles to overcome. New technologies have to be developed, tested and go into production. Their efficiency and profitability have to be ensured and they must gain a broad customer acceptance before market entry. Lastly, a viable infrastructure (for example, hydrogen filling stations) needs to be put in place.

In 2006 BMW supplied the Mayor of London with a hydrogen fuel 7 series to prove that it was a viable solution to our energy problems.

You may want to do some research into BMW and their hydrogen beliefs, there are a number of BMW websites with this information.

Regards
Vanos1
Appreciate 0