12-01-2017, 10:27 PM   #84
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Same principle applies.

I do remember an incident at the Indy 500 about 10 years ago where one driver was hit in the head by a dislodged wheel. He was hit in the helmet and died anyway.

Football players wear helmets yet they won a lawsuit against the NFL for concussion related illnesses.

Again, my position is regarding street riders and their choice to wear a helmet or not wear a helmet where legally permissible.

Enjoy yourself.
Ohh, that’s a good question...how often do NFL players get new helmets? Motorcycle helmets are supposed to get replaced after even a minor drop. The foam compresses inside and makes them worthless. I’ve been in an accident at 100mph in a bike with helmet, shirt, shorts...skin got shredded but head was fine...had worse damage from flipping my truck at 70mph. It is still all luck as to what your head hits though. I had a friend slide out at 50mph and driver behind him ran over his head. Full face helmet didn’t stop the car from crushing his skull, but that’s no reason for not wearing a helmet. I’d never ride a bike without a full faced helmet...I care about my family
Appreciate 0