12-02-2017, 05:52 AM   #85
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandref321 View Post
Ohh, that’s a good question...how often do NFL players get new helmets? Motorcycle helmets are supposed to get replaced after even a minor drop. The foam compresses inside and makes them worthless. I’ve been in an accident at 100mph in a bike with helmet, shirt, shorts...skin got shredded but head was fine...had worse damage from flipping my truck at 70mph. It is still all luck as to what your head hits though. I had a friend slide out at 50mph and driver behind him ran over his head. Full face helmet didn’t stop the car from crushing his skull, but that’s no reason for not wearing a helmet. I’d never ride a bike without a full faced helmet...I care about my family
My discussion with Mr. Jockey is over the concept of a person being allowed to choose whether or not to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle rather than the effectiveness of the device. Just as there is no law mandating motorcyclists wear full leathers so when they crash at 100 MPH their skin stays intact; the motorcyclist has the freedom to choose to wear protective outerwear to save him from, or reduce the severity of road rash.

And BTY I just bought a Shoei RJ this past summer to replace my Shoei RX-1000 and my Shoei Cruz (Shoei doesn't make the half-helmet Cruz anymore). Funny you don't see Police Motorcycle Officers in full face/open face helmets...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0