08-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #29
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
No, but do you get your money back when you go back to the same gas station with an empty tank? You also get your original battery back fully charged, so it's the equivalent of two full fill ups.

I generally take road trips with my wife, who would gladly spend 20 minutes at every gas stop, so the regular Supercharger setup would work fine for me, but being able to pay for the convenience of a quick battery swap, for less than filling a similar car's gas tank, does certainly appeal. I think Tesla is so far out ahead of everyone else on this front that the contrast of adding 330 pounds to a car and only including a 2.5 gallon tank with a best case additional 80 mile range is just laughable.
From Tesla's super charging page:

"What should I do if all Supercharger stalls are occupied when I arrive?

Check to see if current users have left contact information on their dashboard and give them a call. Most customers charge for 20 to 60 minutes.

There are people waiting to charge, but I am not done charging; what is charging etiquette?

We ask our customers to use courtesy while charging. Once your Model S has completed charging, we ask that you move your vehicle to make the spot available for other Model S owners."

So basically you wait an hour to fill up the battery to go another 200+ miles? No thanks.
Appreciate 0