View Single Post
      07-22-2014, 09:07 AM   #11
Carac
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E39M5, SLSAMG, RRS SVR

Garage List
I understand they don't stockpile parts for builds that might be months away or in colors people may not order, but we're talking about cars that are two-three weeks away from completion and this was, for all intents and purposes, the only color available so I would hope they had the foresight to wait until all the parts were in house before starting a build, otherwise you would be pulling half finished cars off the line and storing them. That's why I hope this is either a bad joke or he got some info wrong because it would be extra cruel to end up postponing the launch of a vehicle 6 months from your original announcement (early spring), then restricting the color/package you can order to a single "choice", then telling me "your car is in production with a scheduled completion date in three weeks", followed by "whoops, you have to pick an even worse interior, brown, or wait another 6+ months." At which point I'm sure most dealers will move on to the next person in line when you decline Tera, and who knows when the next allocation will be in 2015. Like wandering in the desert, thinking you found the edge and the worst is over, then finding it you're still in the middle of the desert.

StuM's post is still the first and only source of this info, so I hope he's wrong about some part of it or they just open up Giga orders to keep production flowing.

Last edited by Carac; 07-22-2014 at 10:13 AM..
Appreciate 0