07-22-2014, 11:47 AM   #19
Carac
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E39M5, SLSAMG, RRS SVR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
In other news, 2014 i8 orders will only have one door.
Bracing myself for that one.

This whole thing is crazy.

Imagine going to one of the newest, most highly praised restaurants in the world, being told your reservation is for 12pm.

Waiting 2-3 hours past your reservation (because you traveled a long way and everything you've heard make it sound like it's to die for).

Now you're starving.

You are seated 3 hours late. Only then do you learn what's on the menu because it's been a secret with rumors until that point. But you have a good idea what you're favorite will be based on the menu of this restaurant in other countries.

Then you're told your favorite item is on the menu is unavailable. In fact, the only thing available now is something much more expensive which you will eat but would really rather have your first choice. Also, in another hour or two a second item will become available but you REALLY don't want to eat that one.

They tell you your food is cooking.

While waiting you keep hearing food critics talking about how amazing the food is

Then they come back and tell you the second choice you had no choice but to order (which they said was cooking) is not available but the 3rd dish you REALLY don't want is now your only choice...

and they don't care if you leave because someone right behind you will take your table and scarf it down...but you have to go back to the waiting area and wait at least 6 hours to maybe have another table where you can order the second choice you were told was cooking at one point...

and there's a chance the best item on the menu will be available by then...but probably not.

You probably wouldn't be a happy customer.

The i8 ordering experience if this turns out to be true.

Last edited by Carac; 07-29-2014 at 06:53 PM..
Appreciate 0