View Single Post
      11-28-2013, 03:38 AM   #12
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMOR View Post
This is not completely correct, BMW1, X3 and X1 have similar or lower score on whiplash and pedestrian protection. 0 at pelvis level is probably because i3 has as high impact point as a SUV. As mentioned, similar low score has MB E, even not a SUV. In Norway i3 is 25% cheaper than an BMW 1, with 170hp
The 3 models you quote all receive 5 stars and have better scores overall than the i3. I notice the BMW forums and BMW aren't rushing to advertise the i3 only received 4 stars, would have been a different story if it had received 5! The engineers and bean counters will have to have a rethink here, expect it's not long before we see new seats and standard kit including the crash avoidance etc I like the car and will look at it again once they improve safety. I don't want my family driving a car which doesn't have the best safety on offer for the money being spent.

I also think for a car that is silent to have such poor protection for pedestrians is very poor engineering given the efforts being made by safety authorities to save lives
Appreciate 0