06-27-2014, 07:44 AM   #2
Tilum
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i8 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggsy View Post
I was just checking the uk online configurator and there are new non standard optional extras : Online Entertainment, eDrive Exterior Sound and Comfort Access.

I had been under the impression that these features were standard but they now all appear as for cost optional extras... Does anyone know if the prices only for new customers? or a temporary glitch?
These are new options Peggsy.

'Online Services' is still included FOC, but the 'Online Entertainment' (£325), as with 'Internet' (£95) is a cost option. However, I notice it doesn't actually give any details wrt what each of these options actually are!

Maybe 'eDrive Exterior Sound' (£85) is an external sound emitted to warn others e.g. pedestrians that there is a car coming(?)

As for 'Comfort Access' (£795), again it doesn't actually give details as to what this option actually provides, but if it is keyless entry, then my understanding was that this was already included!

...Hmmm, having just checked the following 'Standard Spec' brochure (attached below), it says "Keyless starting of engine ignition" (ref. page 3) is standard spec, but makes no mention of Keyless entry! So maybe Comfort Access is keyless entry and the online configurator is right as they're making it a cost option, I hope not (I hope it's standard spec.)

T

Last edited by Tilum; 08-14-2014 at 07:30 AM..
Appreciate 0