04-29-2014, 07:52 PM   #69
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlonline View Post
And here is yet one more. It states that the cars delivered this year will be considered 2014 model year. I've read conflicting stories on this, but it would appear this writer asked the question and was told it would be 2014.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...bmw-i8-review/
Yeah I noticed that was the only article which mentioned the first year i8s being 2014 models. This is what I was told way back when as well. With such a late launch it makes sense to make them 2015s, which will make the customers happier I think. It'll be new for a whole year longer. Although with this car, I don't think it'll matter what the MY is for quite some time. As with everything i8-related, it'll be interesting to see how things actually play out.

Btw I posted this one earlier today as well Might make sense to scour through the thread and edit your OP to add all of the reviews that everyone's added, so new people will see them all in one place in the first post. Then again you might want to wait until all of the additional reviews from today (2nd press drive day) are in so you don't end up having to do it twice.
Appreciate 0