07-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #27
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgaler View Post
It's about the type of people that would buy this car. They need to feel and portray to others that they are sacrificing for the planet. That is why cars like this are made intentionally ugly and don't have comfort features.
What a load or horse shit.. some people might, but that's a pretty sweeping generalisation. Not everyone who considers an electric car is an eco-warrior hell-bent on saving the planet.

Quote:
They forget (or choose to ignore the fact) that the electricity used to power them is made mainly from burning fossil fuels and overall is LESS efficient than than burning it yourself in your car. The environment would be better off if you bought a Civic at half the cost.
I find that surprising if true, I'm not going to dispute it, but do you have a source, or are you generalising again?

Quote:
Off-topic: Despite all the BS you keep hearing there are NO sustainable energy sources that can even come close to meeting our energy needs. As of right now and the foreseeable future, when we run out of energy we are borrowing from the past such as coal, oil, natural gas, we are screwed.
Difference is, electric cars will be able to run on energy generated from other sources, gasoline engines not so much.

Personally I'm considering it. Mostly because I'll always have an older BMW as a beater, and because if it means I can go a couple of weeks (probably months) between visiting the pumps, I'll be a very happy chappy.
Appreciate 0