View Single Post
      06-19-2016, 04:54 PM   #85
m5sdse63
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6GC CP

Hello all, I'll join this discussion too.

I am wondering where is BMW getting the charge time of 3.5 hours from for the current i3? I plugged it in today at 11:21am completely empty and it finished charging at 4:19pm on the BMW Level 2 charger. The 2017 model says it'll be 4.5 hours. If the current one takes about 5 hours to charge, how long will it take the 2017 model to do the same?

I am leasing my 2015 model for 24 months, and I have 14 more months left. I am happy I leased as I was unsure of the popularity of the car and how it would fare. My wife and I were discussing it the other day, as the car is her primary daily city driver, and the car fulfills probably good 95% of our daily car needs. So, overall, we are vastly satisfied with the car.

Now yes, it does have things that could be improved, but for the goal that this car was meant to achieve, I think it does just fine. We didn't get this car expecting M level performance or even regular 3 series.

I am happy BMW is moving forward making this car more useable range wise, but the intent of this car is city driving and it fulfills this role quite well. I am considering getting a 2017 i3 next September when the lease is due on my 2015 model, or maybe 2018 model will be available. However, we haven't ruled out a plug in X3 or X5 because we got used to the electrical propulsion quite well.

All in all, for what the i3 is meant to be, I think it serves its role reasonably well.

2014 M6
2015 i3
Appreciate 0