View Single Post
      12-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #17
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

BMW ConnectedDrive will showcase autonomous technology as it is a precursor for new technology in the next generation BMW 7er.

Do not be under the illusion that this becomes Self Driving Pleasure as the technology is there to assist not to hinder. Some of the latest technology being developed for the new 7er will allow for autonomous purpose such as park assist which is already available and other areas such as cruise control , lane departure and even self park.

Also being shown is new augmented reality HUD which will assist with automated driving. The new 7er will benefit from driver and passenger HUD with all information available to the driver with social , entertainment and navigation available to the passenger.

Autonomous Drive will not detract from actually getting behind the wheel, after all a car is still meant to be driven and
Automated driving will have its uses in certain situations but I am old school I prefer to hold a wheel , I even enjoy the thrill of a reverse park rather than let somebody else do the work like Parking assist.

The new 7er will have automated functions but nothing to remove the actual feeling of getting behind the wheel for the owner.

Automated driving can and will have its uses but my biggest concern is that we see more of this if cars become automated. And that is more selfies behind the wheel and as you can see proving as stupid and vacuous like the rest of the coven of photoshopped hobbits this is how they drive.

I despise anybody who is given a platform to vilify education , learning and industry.
Attached Images