drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i8 Coupe

i8 Display Key

Originally Posted by Tilum in another thread:

Quote:
SCOTT26, Just spoken to BMW i dealer again and he's said that whist he acknowledges that Display Keys have been produced for people to see, that they were actually a dummy unit, and he is not aware of any real life, fully working prototype Display Key.
So when you say "I am in China at the moment and we are illustrating the display key", do you mean you're illustrating a picture of it, a dummy unit, or a fully functioning 'Display Key'?
Reply from Scott26:

Quote:
The official media documentation for China i8 lists the display key , as I have mentioned previously the first i8s are the first production models built specifically for global demonstrators and evaluation fleet at BMW AG . These use the i3 key. The display key will arrive for customer production models.
Scott26, having not heard anything on this subject for awhile, I thought I would ping you to see if there is any update on the display key. We noticed that for the first 8 customer cars delivered at the Welt that they did not include the display key, so we're all wondering if BMW's plans have changed. Thanks for any info you can share.
Appreciate 0