11-06-2010, 02:56 AM   #34
stovesax08
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i, X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Not going to happen.
BMW have made clear that the intentions of the Vision Efficient Dynamics is to take the Sports Car Concept in a new direction.

Cars like the R8 propell image and performance but fifteen minutes later another one comes along until eventually you are anonymous.
BMW do not want to make an equivalent of an R8 or an SLS AMG, why?
Because there already is one, why try and outdo someone with the same idea when you can be more creative and innovative on the same concept?
Vision Efficient Dynamics is pure BMW it is the same philosophy as BMW by reinventing the concept and why BMW engineering and dynamics always stand out from the competition.

Vision Efficient Dynamics is about moving forward and pulling the rug out from the competition. It is purely thinking of tomorrows mobility , which you will have today.

What you see is what you will get.

BMW have made clear this car will not be equipped with a V8 or V10.
BMW will have a top end Roadster Z Spyder Stradale equipped with folding carbon fibre hardtop and only available with special versions of the Turbo charged six and eight cylinder. And a Hybrid six cylinder.
The reason those companies make the cars is because people want to buy them and they are great for company image. Not saying I'm not excited about this car, but I'd sure be a lot more excited if I knew it would have the option of a big NA engine.