03-26-2024, 11:26 AM   #48
billy.gif
Private
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
the 2022 BMW 745e SP41 34 Ah GEN4 battery pack has cost me 1600 euro, with all extra costs like extra 20Ah for research purposes, 67V charger, cables, connectors, extra lifting jack , airco drain and refill etc. i ended up around 2600 euro which is ok for me !
i have not yet driven enough to see how my car adapts the mileage to to new battery capacity - i could reset a couple of learned values but unfortunately there is no clear option to enter a new capacity value, i think this is embedded in the software of the SME and/or EME unit which is different for the older and LCI version of the i8 ....
i found a command for resetting the single cell capacities and setting a new capacity per cell pack but this is done in percentage so i wonder what happens if i reset the cell capacities and set a new 100% capacity for all cell packs - i do not want to fuck up my work by disturbing the software so i will first take some time to see if the other resets will prolong and adapt the mileage....
I already noticed there was a small adaptation in the hidden menu where the net capacity adjusted from 5.2 Ah to 5.7 Ah but i guess this adaptation will continue within the set margins of the software...
just the 6-7 years younger age of the cell packs is already worth the money but i hope my work will translate in a substantial higher mileage in the end...
i will post my findings after having driven for a longer period to see how it develops !
Hello sire!

Just load the HV battery to 100% and drive the car with "pure EV mode" AND Eco Pro. Anything above ... 35-40km means the car really uses the bigger battery capacity. Rudimentary rule of thumb:

Pre LCI = 25-30km of range (Eco Pro + sensible country roads driving with speeds around 80 kph and temp around 15-20 C).

LCI = 45-50km of range with similar matter.
Appreciate 0