Thread: i3- Risky
View Single Post
      07-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #43
Kevin_Genius@BMWMtLaurel
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: -

"Recently, BMW has became aware of some intermittent, software related deficiencies of Model Year 2014 BMW i3 vehicles. Specifically, CEL lamp may be illuminated on i3 REX vehicles and A/C system may be inoperative on i3 BEV cars. Both product situations have been communicated via Service Bulletins (SI B12 10 14 and SI B64 02 14), and the IRAP reprogramming solution has been implemented.

Moreover, to enhance i3 driving experiences and reduce number of customer complaints, BMW has decided to launch a preventive action called the “Customer Care Package: Software Update”, to reprogram all affected i3 vehicles in customers possession and prior to delivery.

All affected vehicles will be reprogrammed with the software patch (target integration I001-03-506) via the IRAP programming sessions.

Starting Monday, July 7th, Customer Relations department will be calling BMW i3 drivers of affected vehicles, advising them to schedule an appointment with their authorized BMW i3 center (copy of the “Customer Care Software Package – Q & A” is attached).

It is mandatory, that prior to the IRAP programming session, the vehicle’s integration level be checked and reprogrammed with the latest version of ISTA/P (2.52.5) to the level I001-03-505, if required.

After submitting a PuMA case titled "I01 Customer Care", the IRAP session will be requested (during operation hours of 8:00 AM to 7:30 PM EST). All needed details of this Customer Care Program, including warranty information, can be found in SI B12 11 14."

straight from DCSnet

forgot to post this last week

96 Volvo 850 Turbo 120k
Appreciate 0