01-30-2024, 11:36 AM   #2
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxArt View Post
Hello everyone, I'm thinking of getting BMW i8 as DD, though I'm still saving up to have bigger cushion after buying it

I apologize if some of these questions are silly

1) From what I've been told ... i8 is "basically a 2-seater with a space for a bag". If both the person sitting in the front and back are both smaller (let's say 158-170 ... 5'2 - 5'6), can the front seat be moved forward to make the back seat viable even for such adult?

Most of the time I'll be driving alone, but just to maybe have the option

2) In the trunk you put everything below the lid, I assume you can't put anything on top of it since you wouldn't see behind you? Or is there a camera?

3) Is it true that if you drive with both engines you don't really need to charge the electric one, it recuperates fully? Or do you need from time to time?

4) I'm not really a fan of those empty front grills, would it be possible to somehow mod them = add the "vertical fins" to look similar to e.g. 8 series? I might need to have it custom made I assume

Thank you and take care
I have mine since 2014 and the back seat are usable for sure, but the headroom is challenging. 5.2 may still be somewhat ok but not great…..

You have a camera, you can fill up the trunk in you need to in an emergency, i have done it every now and then.

You can use the car without charging ever - but it may negatively impact the longevity of the battery. You can use the charger and plug it into a regular outlet and charge overnight.

I would not mod the front, since there are active vents in the lower part of the car too…..
Appreciate 0