View Single Post
      06-30-2017, 01:59 PM   #3
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailyhill View Post
Found the DC fast charge after making a couple of laps of the parking garage. Plugged in, it took my card, but would not communicate with my care. [...] So I just bagged the idea, and TG for REX. Made the rest of the trip that way. Started at 8:30 in the morn, and arrive at 3:30 in the afternoon. 7 hours for a 205 mile trip. That's just under 30 mph average. TG I am retired and could enjoy the ride.
Sadly, this is par for the course in NE.
I had a similar experience at 1 out of 2 DC stations I tried around NYC.

Not great, but not surprising, when your OEM (BMW) outsources charging infrastructure to the lowest bidder (EVgo).

Quote:
Tesla has this part of the deal so right. If BMW has to have their own brand chargers for marketing reasons, I understand, but you better get on it as my experience it's not adequate to go electric BMW for any real trips--relegates it to a hanger queen that can be charge overnight in garage.
That's pretty much what i3 is to me.
ICE for roadtrips.

Quote:
As for 3e Series, 20 miles of range only does a few around town errands. That is a step in the right direction, but its not a serious effort.
3e (and 5e, 7e) are a (green) fig leaf, and not just because of the token 14-20 mile EV range.

To go 3e over 330i costs an extra $10.5K.
With the ~27% boost in average MPG it delivers, the $10.5K will require 598,500 miles to break even...

a
Appreciate 0